Are you looking for an attractive, affordable, fast-loading web site for your business/organization, hobby/personal use? You've come to the right place. Are you being asked, "Where's your web site?" See me! Would you like to learn more about the mysterious realm called "the web"? Then I'm your person!
Here's how I like to work. At West End Webs, I like to meet with you, get to know you and your surroundings and learn about your web expectations. We could decide after one meeting to work together, or I could present a proposal to you and, if it's agreeable, get to work!
Here are some of the issues I consider when I'm beginning a new project:
- Design, incorporating the style and spirit of the client
- Code (hypertext mark-up language) that is error-free and validated
- Graphics, optimized for fast download time
- Accessibility issues, e.g., for people using aural (reading-out-loud) browsers. The new federal regulations became active (late June 2001) for U.S. Government sites, you can read more about it here: Federal IT Accessibility Initiative.
- Search engine placement, composition that facilitates indexing
- "Graceful degradation" for older browsers and various operating systems
I also like having fun with this - please visit my "Resources and Diversions" page to see what I mean. Here you can find a link to the Pipe Dreams Game, a much sought-after game and very addicting --- don't say I didn't warn you! And for folks in the Portland area, you might be interested in seeing my pictures of the old Million Dollar Bridge, taken just as it was being torn down - I barely got there in time!
E-mail me or give me a call, 207-772-0266. Let's see what we can do to create your presence on the web.